Friday, September 25, 2009

Black and White

I like to take pictures of bands and make them look aged. I am guilty of not being born in the 1970's to be blessed to have seen the 1980's punk rock era. If you ever take the time, you need to feast your eyes on the photography done from 1980's hardcore shows in D.C., California, and N.Y., it's absolutely phenominal. Timeless, crappy pictures that just look fantastic! I always try to mimic those looks whenever I photograph bands, although they don't like it, and it's more avant garde, it's quite understandable. Thinking about it, I was probably the last person to convert to digital film just because I didn't want to "make my pictures look better than what they really were", meaning I took a shitty picture, and I want it to stay shitty just because I really strived to make my photography look one of kind 1980's hardcore.


No comments:

Post a Comment