Friday, September 25, 2009

Beauty

When I was growing up there was definitely pressure to look like all the other girls. I was 30 pounds heavier than the other girls and I had crappy fashion sense. I never wore make up and kept my very bold eastern european brow until I was in high school. I always felt like the elephant in the room because I never did anything the way that all the other girls did, and I never understood why all the other girls were wanted and I wasn't. I never understood why when growing up I had to date older guys who didn't go to my school because they had the maturity level that I needed; they saw passed the bold eye brows and the pale face and the sandy blonde, beach wavy hair.
I was alwasy envious of the girls who wore a size 0 and were 6'0" tall. The girls with the golden tans and wore makeup from MAC and JC Pennys, the girls who on somedays wore pajama pants or gym shorts to school and were still wanted by the boys; when here I am, almost everyday wearing my best outfits (well, what I thought was my best) and I wouldn't even get one boy to notice me.
Now that I'm grown and almost in my mid 20's, I can reflect on how growing up was, and seeing how silly I was being. I should've focused more on my studies than wondering why the guys didn't turn their heads when I walked by. I wish it never bothered me as much as it did, but it did.
Whenever I see women who don't wear make up now, it makes me smile. Infact, I prefer to see women without make up on because I believe the world should see their real, true beauty and not what they just bought for $100 at the sephora. Women with breakouts, blemishes, dry skin, oily skin, blond eye lashes, thick and natural eye brows; you're all beautiful! You don't need to spend a million dollars on artificial powders and creams that will just clog your pours and make your skin unbarable, you need to shine with your true beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment