Saturday, October 3, 2009

I live here and you live there.

When Chris and I started dating, I must admit that I was kind of embarassed about the whole distance thing, no one seemed to understand how a relationship based on monogamy could work if the person you're with lives on the other side of the coast. I didn't know what to tell people when it came to him, infact I even lied to some people when they asked me how him and I met. How could I say that we met on myspace? How could I tell them that he lives over 2,000 miles away? How can I explain how me makes me feel better than any guy on westcoast ever could? Two years down the road now and we still manage our happiness, infact we are much happier than most couples I see who live near eachother and are completely miserable. I know in this blog I talk about Chris alot, but there are just certain things that he does and says that inspire me to write and make me feel so wonderful (good energy gives good blogs!) The one thing that I can't really put my finger on is how long distance relationships became "the thing" now and everyone's jumping onto our boat. It seems that everyone's blog I've been reading lately, or everyone's myspace I've had the pleasure to visit, has a tiny little story with a nice note of their loved one who lives around the world and they're in love with them. Now, it's not that I'm hating on this or anything, it just seems like something so peculiar. Jeans and tops in fashion become trendy, as well as Ray Ban glasses, but...long distance relationships? Not just a few 100 miles, but a few thousand? Hmm..and they proudly talk about it? How rare. How funny. Maybe I should've done that from the beginning. Maybe I wouldn't feel so bad about my white lies. Maybe people would have understood more. Maybe I wouldn't have got so much shit from people, or questions on why I'm with someone that lives on the other side of the country.
To me California and Virginia are only a few states away, and no distance can rip us apart, because unlike others, him and I are adults about it and we make it work.
Kudos to those who are doing what we're doing, who are actually making it work and staying faithful to eachother.
People come to me and ask me how I'm able to stay happy with him and keep patience and not carry around a broken heart; my answer is simple. I ask God for guidance and strength. In every prayer I ask him to look over me and help me celebrate my love for Chris. Now I know no a days people have lost their faith, and believe me, it's my faith that's kept me going. Praying changes my outlook on life and it keeps me strong and helps me throughout my life, there's no other thing that I can offer people as far as advice goes, and if you don't want to take the advice, or if you don't have faith, that's alright, to each his own.
But on the flip side, it's done everything that it can for me and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment